Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

Urology update

What a long day...as you can probably tell by my photo...I'm pooped (but still cute as ever!!) . Mommy and I did a turn around trip on Tuesday to Phoenix. My appt was at 2, so Mommy and I left about 7:15 and got home that night around 7:45. Call us the crazz-ee gurls!!

Since my appt was at Phoenix Childrens Hospital today, we stopped at Dr. Moss' office (neurosurgery) to say "hi" to Mary, then we went one building over to see my urologist, Dr. Ritchey. We got to see his assistant, Laree...she is about to pop with baby #4...at least it's a girl this time. Sadie did my urodynamics test and Mommy could tell by Laree's expression that things weren't good.

To be honest...my last test wasn't so hot either. My kidneys still looked good in the ultrasound they did in February, and that is kind of the objective, to keep my kidneys clear and free of urine reflux from the bladder and ureters. So, with having said that, this uro test did not show any improvement in my bladder pressure and its ability to hold the urine before leaking. (Like I said in my previous post a few days ago...it's opposite of what you think it should be. Get it???) At this time, Dr. Ritchey did not want to change anything as far as my medicine is concerned but he does want Mommy to start cathing me at night while I'm sleeping.

Dr. Ritchey has ordered a renal ultrasound for September and if things look good, he will reorder the uro test in another 6 months. If things do not improve by that time, Mommy, Daddy and the Dr. might have to talk about surgery options. :-(



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciaran, Thanks for stopping by MSB
to see us ladies this week. It was great to see you. And you've grown so much, it's amazing! You're a real beauty too! And it looks like you're making good progress. But with the kind of Mommy & Daddy you have I'm not surprised. Stop in again when you can,
Sandy J.

Anonymous said...

Well Baby, just keep up the good work and everything is going to be better. Just try not to overwork Mommy and Daddy to much!! Luv you lots!!

Aunt Shaon

Anonymous said...

look at how big you are gettin gurl. auntie ciaran! yesterday you got to try out your new pool and you had a blast didnt you! your nephew wasnt too thrilled though haha.
Love your favorite brother in the whole wide world.
Ashton