Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Major bumps!!





Okay...there is one little story Mommy has not been telling you all about. I have been breaking out in these bumps every so often. They first appeared last year on my arms. Then in April, my face broke out in the horrible rash above. Ewww!! Then my back, then my feet. They are so ugly and everyone thinks I have the chickenpox...but I don't. When we first went to the doctor, he thought maybe they were part of the Herpes family, not a cold sore...not a chickenpox...somewhere in between. So we were treating it as such.
Mommy couldn't stand it anymore and demanded to find out more about this horrid rash. My pediatrician then thought maybe it was a bacterial infection or a reaction to latex. I have to take extreme cautions with latex because spina bifida kids tend to be allergic to it. They drew three huge vials of blood from me a few weeks ago and discovered it was not part of the herpes family nor was it an infection. Yea!! They said I tested positive for a food allergy.
What?!?!?!?! I only eat 7 things and now I'm allergic to one of them. GREAT..... So they had to take more blood to do a more extensive allergy test and guess what I am allergic to????? Anybody?????
EGGS!! This stinks because two of my favorite foods to eat are egg noodles and pancakes. MMM-Yummy...
So that's the scoop, eggs (mainly the whites) are causing me to look like I have the cooties.

No comments: