Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Doing Great!!

I am doing great.  I am very sensitive to pain meds.  Once I am off them I come around and get back to MYself.  I think if all is well, I may get to go home today or tomorrow.  The spinal shunt is very small and it is doing its job by draining my spinal cord.  Dr. Moss wants to do another MRI next month to see how my cerebellum is doing and how far it is pulled down and to see if the syrinx continues to be drained. 

I have been in more pain with this tiny surgery because it is in the thoracic region of my back.  Your thoracic vertebraes are attached to your ribs.  I can feel pain in this region, whereas last year I had surgery in my lumbar-sacral area and I have much less feeling there.  So, hopefully in our next post, Mommy will be telling you that I was sent home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY, Ciaran! We are going to be in Bullhead this weekend, so if you're feeling up to it, maybe we can come see you on Sunday. I'll text your Mommy to see how you feel. Love You!

Aunt Norie

Anonymous said...

Wendy, Jon, Ciaran,

Our thoughts, love and prayers are with you. Wishing Ciaran a speedy recovery.

Love you guys,
Darlene