Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

My new KAFO's & other equipment

These are my new KAFO's and my new shoes. Cute, eh??? So far I like them very much. I am only wearing them for about 2 hours now. The time that I wear them increases everyday.







I have not been a happy camper when it comes to using the walker. It is not the exact type that the doctor prescribed but it is one that Ann, my P/T, had for us to use in the interim while waiting for mine. I always make it a struggle. Mommy has been showing me pictures and videos of one of our on-line friends, Ethan, so I can see how he does it. She's hoping I will catch the drift...we'll see.



Ann is trying to help me move along the sofa.

This is my stander...it does just that...stands me up. Laura, from the Parent Network donated it to us. This is a REALLY nice stander.











Daddy and me reading some books. I love my Daddy!!


Pic of me not too happy to be in the stander. This pic must have been from the beginning of the stander days because I ask to be in it now. I love being tall.
The cool table that came with the stander also is perfect for me in my wheelchair. Here I am checking out the latest toy catalog...as if I don't already have everything in it. hehe :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Oma can't wait to see all your new equipment and how it works.....I bet in another month or so, you will be getting around and be a pro with aa your mobility devises.....Love UUUUU Oma

Jessica said...

I love those KAFOs and shoes! Too cute! Gage feels the same way about his walker these days. Not sure why...

Anonymous said...

Ciaran's new KAFO's are so cute! I can't wait to read about her progress in them! I wonder if Danielle could benefit from KAFOs. I don't think she has the ability to move her legs from side to side. Who knows, maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Jodi and Susie. We had the pleasure of meeting Ciaran this morning at the feeding training at Manzanita pre-school in Kingman. We were providing the child care.

We just want to let you know how she touched our hearts. She is amazing!

We wish you the best of luck in everything.

She is so loved and you are lucky to have each other.

We have really enjoyed sharing in this blog and will come back often to keep tabs on what is going on with that little Darlin'.

Best wishes,
Jodi and Susie