Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update on my back

Okay, most of you know I have scoliosis which was caused from the tethered cord. Although I had the detethering surgery to free my spinal cord, the scoliosis did not go away. Mommy doesn't think my back has gotten worse since the surgery but it certainly got worse since the last x-ray in July when my curves were 28 & 29 degrees. Dr. D'Astous took x-rays while we were in SLC and my curves are now 35 degrees. Yikes!!! The doctor doesn't want to do anything at this time because I am so limber and strong in my trunk area that bracing my back would actually make it weaker. He would like to monitor my spine and see me again in 6 months. So let's all pray that it doesn't get worse...OKAY?!?!?!

No comments: