Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Our day in SLC at Shriner's Hosp/Ronald McDonald House

To start the day, London and I took a bath...we were dirty, little monkeys. This was my first time in a bath with someone else and boy, was it fun. After we were all ready, we left the Ronald McDonald House and went the few blocks to the Shriner's Hospital...it took Mommy 15 minutes to warm up the car so we could get in it to drive 5 minutes...hmmm...I wanted to try on Jade's beads. I started the day with pigtails....and ended up with braids, my first ones. After they took x-rays of my back and legs, we had a few minutes to kill so I played with this cool, touchy board on the wall.
All went better than expected. Usually Mommy has to be ready to do battle with the orthopedic docs, but not this day. They were more than willing to help me out. Mommy wanted me to leave with at least AFO's [(Ankle-Foot-Orthotic)(see previous post about left foot contortion)], but instead, we left with a script for KAFO's (Knee-Ankle-Foot-Orthotic) and Dr. D-Astous also thought I should have a walker. I am so excited to get my new equipment. For the interim, they gave me some neoprene knee stabilizers for an adult and we will go to Phoenix to get the actual braces. I went to Physical Therapy and met Keri and Mark. While I was with them, I got to stand up for the first time. It was COOL!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see pics of her new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Where do I start.....Your bathing with a boy no wonder you had fun.....Are you neked playing with that feely board.....and I see you eyeing Mark.....WHAT KIND OF TRIP WAS THIS????? It is too cool seeing You getting straped in ready to stand.....Love UUUUU Oma

Anonymous said...

Ciaran Jonna Riley, your hardly 2 years old an all ready nekkid with a boy... I am so proud of you an all your accomplishments!!! I love you very much, Papa

Anonymous said...

Her and London are funny! I can't wait to see her with the braces! That is what they are called right? Anyways, she is amazing! Blake