Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Off to Phoenix again...

Mommy and I are going to Phoenix again tomorrow morning...I think we are leaving about 4:30 am because I have appts at 10:30 & 1:30. The first appt is with Linda, a Physical Therapist at the CRS clinic (Childrens Rehabilitative Services). The next appt is with a NEW Orthopedic doctor. Mommy can NOT stand my old one, Dr. Vu. He shouldn't be working with children, especially special needs children. As another spina bifida mommy put it...he is a pompous a***ole. Dr. Vu just feels that just because we are born a certain way, we should stay that way and there is no hope, at least that is the impression we are getting. Well, my Mommy thinks otherwise. Therefore, we are getting a second opinion. We hope this doctor will make the approval for me getting some braces for my feet. Let's see if I can explain this...I can flex my feet very well, but I cannot point them. They also go outward and bend upward...??? I'm sure if you look closely at this video you will be able to see what I am talking about. This video also displays my right leg (the weaker of the two) having muscle spasms or twitching. This is the 3rd time it has done this twitching thing.

Keep your fingers crossed that they approve something for me. Whether it be, AFO's (Ankle-Foot-Orthotics) or HKAFO's (Hip-Knee-AFO's). My P/T here is BHC would really like to see me in something like the HKAFO's. I'll keep you informed.

No comments: