Countdown to Ciaran's 4th birthday

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I sat up!!


I know this may sound easy to some of you, but yesterday I sat up from a lying face down position...all by myself!! Now, don't get me wrong...I have done it before with assistance or with someone right next to me...but on Wednesday I decided it was time to go it alone. I was in the hallway and Mommy was in the kitchen...she knew I was about to go into the bathroom so she came in and shut the door. When she left me lying there, I was crawling around on my tummy...when she peaked around the corner to check on me, I was sitting there and yea-ing (applauding) myself. Mommy was very impressed with me. :-D She figured I would probably do it all the time now that I have figured out how to sit up...and she was right...I must have done it at least 6-8 more times over the next two days. Mommy can't wait to tell Ann (physical therapist) on Monday and Jenny (early intervention) on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciaran, what a beautiful girl you are! You remind me of your mommy. It looks like you're getting around a lot and keeping mommy busy! Good girl! You've sure grown a lot since I last saw you. I can relate a tiny bit with what you're going through, having lived with a tethered cord throughout my life and many surgeries. I feel bad that you have to go through those yucky tests all the time, they are really unpleasant. Have faith, my little sister, you've got the greatest parents imaginable and I am certain the future holds wonderful things for you. Please tell your mommy that I would love to have you & her come over and go swimming with me! My life could only be richer by having two such extraordinary girls in it.

Love you, Aunt Patti (I know, I know, I'm not technically your aunt but that's just what everyone calls me!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ciaran! Your mommy is probably mad at me because I missed her birthday. Tell her I didn't "forget" it - it's just that it was here and gone before I realized it. Tell her I'm sorry. Maybe I can make it up to her this weekend. I think we are going to come up so hopefully we'll get to see you both. I want to see you go from your tummy to sitting - how exciting! I also want to see what other new and fun things you have learned since I saw you last.

Love ya!
Auntie Norie